How State Supervision of Mines is dealing with coronavirus
State Supervision of Mines (SSM) is also taking measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus as much as possible. In doing so, we are following the recommendations of the RIVM and the government. The measures in relation to coronavirus also affect the sectors supervised by SSM. Please find more information on how we are dealing with the situation below.
Our inspection activities
In cases where operations that SodM supervises are continuing under current conditions, SSM will be carrying out inspections to verify that these activities are being carried out safely both for employees and the environment. Inspections that are carried out on-site will be subject to the following measures:
- Inspections of low-risk operations will be carried out remotely;
- Inspections of high-risk operations will in principle continue. These are inspections in relation to accidents, disasters, incidents and drilling operations. Given the rapidly changing circumstances, SSM will continue to assess what is required for each specific situation at that time. During inspections, our inspectors will maintain a distance of 1.5 metres from others where possible.
- Inspections that can be carried out remotely, such as assessments of work programmes of mining companies, will continue as usual.
Our monitoring of the coronavirus measures in the mining sector
The measures in relation to coronavirus also affect the sectors supervised by SSM. Our first priority in that regard is ensuring the safety of our people and the environment. For that reason, SSM will be monitoring the measures of companies it supervises regarding coronavirus to ensure that safety is and remains effectively guaranteed. SSM temporarily allows changes to the usual schedule of working for two weeks alternated with two weeks off.
SSM is adhering to the recommendations to work from home as much as possible until. This is not set to impact our availability for the time being. Any disasters can be reported to our control room 24/7. Our information provision activities will likewise be able to continue. We will be available for contact by email and by phone during business hours.
- Contact SSM by email: email@example.com
- Contact SSM by telephone: +31 (0)70 379 8400
- Contact our control room (24/7 for emergencies only): +31 (0)6 533 88 722